Qualification information:Download information as PDF
Level 3 NVQ Diploma Demolition (Construction) – Chargehand
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Demolition within the construction industry.
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Demolition (Construction) -Chargehand qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means you need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
There is 1 routes available to achieve this NVQ
- On-Site Assessment (OSAT) – For operatives from Novice to Experienced – attracts a CITB Grant of £600
MUST be CITB levied to receive a CITB grant
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Removing and segregating components prior to demolition in the workplace
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising work operations in the workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Demolishing/dismantling masonry and concrete structures in the workplace
- Demolishing/dismantling roofs and cladding in the workplace