Qualification information:Download information as PDF
Level 6 NVQ Diploma Construction Contracting Operations Management
This Specialist Management Training Programme was developed by CITB in conjunction Training and Assessment Consultants Ltd and the DSA Ltd, to address the issue of specialist managers and supervisors being unable to gather evidence required to gain the Level 6 S/NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management.
As specialist sector managers do not manage the whole construction site, but are responsible for managing work activities within their occupational area within a construction site, the Level 6 S/NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations (CCO) – General is therefore, a more appropriate qualification. This provides managers with the opportunity to gather the required work-based evidence from their projects to be assessed to gain the qualification and apply for the appropriate CSCS Managers card.
The Training Programme, which supports and underpins the Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations (CCO) – General, has been designed by specialists for specialists and will be delivered by specialists or those with an understanding of specialist construction activity, so the training is properly contextualised.
The outline of the off-the-job training programme is as follows:
- Resource management: Specialist sub-contracts – costs, cash flow and risk, forecasting, valuations and accounts, disputes, etc.
- Leadership and Management: Decision-making, problem-solving, negotiating, working with people, behavioural issues, communication, customer care, client liaison, etc.
- Health & Safety, Risk Assessments & Method Statements, CDM: Emphasis on specialist work practices and responsibilities
- Planning, Programming and Logistics: Research, estimating, surveys, procurement, schedules, supply-chain, transport and deployment, BIM, etc.
- Environmental and Sustainability: Legislation with emphasis on specific aspects related to specialist work activities including safe waste disposal, carbon footprint, etc.