Qualification information:Download information as PDF
Level 4 NVQ Diploma Construction Site Supervision – Building and Civil Engineering
The Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means you need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Building and Civil Engineering within the construction industry.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of the Work in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Coordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
This qualification is supported by federation -Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA).