New Apprenticeship Intake February 2019
Evidence from Skills training UK indicates that employing apprentices provide numerous benefits for the employer including :
- Boost Productivity and competitiveness
- Reduce skills shortages in within the business as can train apprentices in specific areas to suit business needs
- Apprentices are loyal to the company
- Apprentices contribute to company’s income whilst learning
- Funding available for training
If you would like to see these benefits for your business sign up to our Apprenticeship intake on the 21st and 22nd February.
The course is aimed at new starters within the Drilling and Sawing industry as operators. The course is split into 3 sections all delivered within normal working hours:
- 12 days classroom training covering a wide range of modules
- 28 days of training onsite, delivered by the operatives’ supervisor
- 3 days minimum assessment carried out by assessor.
Each intake offers a group of around 5-10 delegates to participate in this course.
On completion of the course delegates will receive training and certificates in:
- Health and Safety
- Security of the Workplace
- Operating Power Tools
- An Efficient Working Environment
- Access Equipment
- Diamond Drilling (Rig, Hand & Percussive)
- Floor Sawing
- Chain / Ring / Hand Sawing
- Track Sawing
Students also have the opportunity to receive classroom training and certificates in the optional units below. Each optional module entails a further 7 days training (Price outside of scheme).
- Concrete Bursting
- Remote – Controlled Plant- Crushing & Breaking
- Hydraulic Crushing
- Wire Sawing
- PASMA Mobile Tower
- Diamond Tipped Segmented Blades
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Remote-controlled plant- Crushing & Breaking.