March 2020 Apprenticeship Intake
Level 2 NVQ Diploma Specialist Concrete Occupations (Construction) – Concrete Drilling and Sawing
26th- 27th March 2020
How should sign up to the DSA Apprenticeship Scheme?
This route is aimed at candidates with little to no experience.
How is qualification structured?
The apprenticeship route is run over 18 months; the candidate will be taught through our new eLearning platform that you can read about on eLearning page on the website. In which candidates will use a variety of learning methods to gain knowledge about the different modules/tools. Once the candidate has completed the relevant module on the eLearning platform, they will be invited to our training facilities to undergo practical training on the module where the candidate will gain skills and experience on the tools. All modules will follow this structure this then allows the candidate to work alongside a qualified operative, in order to gain experience and confidence on the tools they are training on.
Candidates will work on a variety of different Diamond Drilling and Sawing tools with optional units available.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Reshaping using hand sawing techniques in the workplace – Angle Grinder – Power Saw – Ring Saw – Chasing Machine – Chainsaw
- Forming drill holes or core in the structural fabric (diamond core bits) in the workplace – Hand-held diamond core or drill – Static drill rig diamond core – Trailer rig diamond core –
- Percussive drill
- Forming saw cuts in structural fabric material in the workplace – Push along floor saw – Self-propelled floor saw – Diamond-bladed track saw
- Carrying out concrete bursting operations in the workplace
- Carrying out concrete crushing and breaking operations in the workplace – Portable hand crusher – Remote/radio controlled crusher and breaker – Umbilical cord control crusher and breaker
- Carrying out wire sawing in the workplace
- PASMA Mobile Tower
- Diamond Tipped Segmented Blades
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Remote-controlled plant- Crushing & Breaking
To sign up to the apprenticeship call us on 0115 985 2455 or contact us today.