Training Furloughed Employees Encouraged
“Furloughed employees should be encouraged to undertake training.”- Gov, 2020
With many of you being placed on the furlough scheme due to the covid-19 pandemic, it has left you looking for a way to occupy your mind and find something productive to do. With training encouraged and much more free time. It is the perfect opportunity for you to learn something new, brush up on current skills or get your certifications up to date ready for when your company re-opens. There are many courses available from health and safety to diamond drilling & sawing specific courses and NVQ’s. Training ranges from 1 day courses up to 18-month apprenticeships, there’s something for everyone to get stuck into.
Remember training furloughed employees is encouraged and doesn’t affect the furlough scheme.
Precautions in place:
Many maybe apprehensive to send employees to our training facilities but we would like to ensure you that we have put the necessary precautions in place to keep you and our staff safe.
- Enforce to 2 meters distance between others at all time.
- Reduced class sizes, to support 2 meters distance
- Increased hand cleaning facilities, including hand sanitizer and hand wash which will be monitored and filled regularly
- Equipment cleaned after every use.
- Increased number of bins to dispose of any rubbish and tissues immediately.
- Face masks encouraged when
- Increased signage reiterating the symptoms and precautions in place.
We asked that anyone that has had any of the following to please stay at home:
- Experienced any symptoms of corona virus (dry cough, fever, shortness of breath) in the last 14 days.
- Traveled from any countries that have confirmed cases of corona virus in the past 14 days
- Been advised to self-isolate by a medical professional in the last 14 days or have tested positive for coronavirus
- You have been in contact with someone showing signs or tested positive for coronavirus
We are also able to offer courses and qualification through our eLearning platform. For more information about the courses available please call 0115 985 2455 or visit our learn online page
For more information about training staff on furlough please visit: gov.uk