Apprenticeship Intake January 2019
Dates: Thursday 17th & Friday 18th January 2019
Why train under the DSA Apprenticeship Scheme?
The DSA Apprenticeship is a practical worked based scheme aiming to fulfill any skill gaps within the specialist sector, whilst proving that standards have been met by having the opportunity to lead to an NVQ/ SVQ Diploma and apprenticeships deed.
Advantages of the scheme
- Businesses are benefiting – As employees will be trained in a wider range of areas it creates more work opportunities for the company.
- 40% of contracts cost is allocated to Operative labour- Testimonies from current employers of apprentices on the scheme, shows that a trained and competent operator can work more efficiently and productively resulting in fewer problems on site and less damaged to equipment. (DSA 2012 Survey – Current Employers Benefits of the Scheme).
- Linked to other qualifications- NVQ Level 2 in Drilling & Sawing and an apprenticeship deed for the CITB
- Grants Available- Substantial grants available from the CITB for training
- Train with confidence- It is another factor in persuading clients that we have a professional, trained workforce, working to a code of Safe Working Practice.
- Recognised Course – recognised by CITB & Build UK
The course is aimed at new starters within the Drilling and Sawing industry as operators. The course is split into 3 sections all delivered within normal working hours:
- 12 days classroom training covering a wide range of modules
- 28 days of training onsite, delivered by the operatives’ supervisor
- 3 days minimum assessment carried out by assessor.
Each intake offers a group of around 5-10 delegates to participate in this course.
On completion of the course delegates will receive training and certificates in:
- Health and Safety
- Security of the Workplace
- Operating Power Tools
- An Efficient Working Environment
- Access Equipment
- Diamond Drilling (Rig, Hand & Percussive)
- Floor Sawing
- Chain / Ring / Hand Sawing
- Track Sawing
Students also have the opportunity to receive classroom training and certificates in the optional units below. Each optional module entails a further 7 days training (Price outside of scheme).
- Concrete Bursting
- Remote – Controlled Plant- Crushing & Breaking
- Hydraulic Crushing
- Wire Sawing
- PASMA Mobile Tower
- Diamond Tipped Segmented Blades
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Remote-controlled plant- Crushing & Breaking.
For More information please visit: http://www.drillandsaw.org.uk or call 0115 986 7029