Floor Sawing – Advanced
The purpose of training against this standard is to provide the candidates with the knowledge and understanding of carrying out floor sawing operations safely.
Undertaken the basic course and have an understanding of abrasive wheels, including the safe use of the angle grinder and floor sawing or completed the basic floor sawing course.
- Diverse Applications
- Collective Protective Measure
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) and Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Various Types of Floor Saws & Equipment for Deep Cutting
- Review of Components and Consumables, Including Blades
- Deep Saw Cutting>600mm
- Life Expectancy of Diamond Blades
- Pre-Start and Post Stop Check
- Safe Operations
- Step Cutting Method
- Ancillary Tools/Plant